Sunday, November 27, 2011

Are You...Complex?

Complexity...The state or quality of being intricate or complicated...I've been told many times that I'm complicated...hard to understand. I don't necessarily think that, that is a bad thing. Nothing worth having comes easy, and it you take the time to break through the many layers of brick and concrete surrounding my heart, then you're worth having in my life. People like to take the easy way...the short cut...I'm more of the "road least traveled" kind of girl. I want a challenge...I need a challenge. It's funny though, because sometimes the road that hasn't been traveled on, you find out just why no one has taken it. It's full of dirt, weeds, trash...it's tainted and polluted, but by the time you realize it...you've gone too far. The wall that once lines the road in flowers turns into mangles ugly weeds and it all begins to close in on you...around you. You find yourself trapped. Winding paths, trees that seem as though the branches are reaching out towards you. No matter how much you scream...no one can hear you. You spend what seems like forever trying to find your way out. Some people call it complexity and some people call it stupid. I haven't figured out a name for it yet...it's part of who I am though. I've been through a lot, seen a lot, felt a lot. I've asked a lot of questions and haven't received many answers. I've been really happy, I've been really sad. I've fallen, I've gotten back up. It's a part of my journey...I need to learn and accept that. Things are the way they are because they are supposed to be that way. If I can just remember that, then everything will be alright. You gotta have hope right? Without it...what is there to live for? It's okay to be sad...It's a page in your book, an excerpt in your journal, a footprint in the sand. It's what is going to make you...you. No one's story is the same. The endings are all different...some in in happily ever afters...some end tragically and some end in....Don't ever be afraid to write your story, tell your story....live your story...
"How heavy are these words? They're heavier than air..."

No comments:

Post a Comment