Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Today was Valentines Day, or for me....Single Awareness Day. LOL I wasn't expecting much out of today. I went to work, ate a lot of chocolate and had a little gift exchange with co-workers. I'd have to say that it was a pretty good day. Something unexpected happened twice today though. First of all, this is the first Valentine's Day in 3 years that Yuta hasn't been here, so that was a bit sad, but I was sitting at work when the receptionist buzzed me on the intercom and said I had a delivery at the front. I walked to the front and there were 2 flower arrangements. I was confused because who would be sending me flowers? I took the first card out and it said "you're not alone, you've never been alone and you'll never be alone. Although you weren't born to us, you're the greatest daughter any parents could ask for." I read the second card and it said "to the most annoying, most complicated, most complex, most whining....most loving and sweetest best friend any guy could ask for! Surprised you, huh? Love you" Yuta and his parents called our florist here and arranged for them to send me flowers at work. I somehow think that they knew that I was missing them being around this winter. I love them so, so, so much!


My second surprise was, my mom and dad came to have lunch with me and they bought me a huge box of chocolate. I guess the moral to this story is that you don't have to have a boyfriend to celebrate Valentine's Day. It's your family and friends that can make this day so special. Today was about giving and receiving love. It doesn't matter who it's from. We should all focus on giving love everyday of the year, and not just this one day. I decided not to share these specific events on twitter, because I've decided that from now on I'll talk about Yuta through this blog, at his request. Although this blog is linked to Twitter I don't think many of my followers are reading this. I could be wrong though. Let me know! Drop me a comment. I don't know why he requested that this be the place for me to talk about him, it could be the fact that we are both probably going to deactivate our accounts pretty soon. He's pretty much decided that, that is what he's going to do. I'm not so sure yet, but i'm leaning towards giving it up. 


Anyway, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day and ate a lot of chocolate! 
Until next time....
~Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment