Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Voice Vs American Idol


I've wanted to write this post for the longest time. I watch both of these shows, but my favorite would have to be The Voice for several reasons. The first reason is the use of the word "coach" instead of "judge". I think that entertainers have the responsibility to train and nurture potential talent, their job should not be to judge or tear down a persons hopes and dreams. I find American Idol to be damaging to the spirits of these people who are clearly looking for a place in the music industry. The judges on American Idol are borderline disrespectful in their criticism of the contestants. You won't find this kind of horrid behavior on The Voice. If they don't turn their chair around for a contestant, they offer constructive criticism and tell them what they need to work on to improve and most importantly they encourage them to KEEP GOING!

Let me start with American Idol. The judges(I hate this fucking word as much as I hate judgmental people!) this season are Mariah Carey, Randy Jackson, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban. I liked the show a lot more when Simon Cowell was judging, because although he could be harsh, he wasn't nearly as disrespectful as Nicki Minaj can be. Sure she says some nice things...sometimes, but for the most part she's just plain fucking rude. Just because you don't like a performance does not mean that you have to make a person feel like shit! How about you take the time to tell them what they should work on and not telling them things like "ugh, just get off the stage", because at the end of the day how will they know what they need to improve in order to get America's vote? It wouldn't hurt to not show up late to a live show as well. Mariah Carey for me this season doesn't really do it for me either. I love her as a singer, but I don't know...she just seems bored and I'm underwhelmed by her as a judge. This season is going downhill and the ratings show it.

Enough about how horribad I think American Idol is.....on to The Voice....

The coaches on this season of The Voice are Adam Levine, Shakira, Usher and Blake Shelton. The dynamic between them is amazing. You'll find yourself laughing at their playful banter as they fight for the contestants. It's all in good fun and none of the coaches ever get upset.  The reason that I originally fell in love with this show is the fact that the coaches start the audition's with their backs to the contestants. This allows them to really listen to the voice and not look at appearances. I think this is an important factor, because no one should be judged on how they look. Overall, this is a great show and if you haven't started watching it...you really should!

Until next time~

1 comment:

  1. Kree Harrison will make American idol 2013.because Kree Harrison voice also good.
    american idol

    ReplyDelete