Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Cost of Not Having Perfect Vision.


Hello there, it's been a few days since I've blogged.  I was going to blog yesterday, but I went to the eye doctor and they had to dilate my pupils so I spent most of the day practically blind.  Regrettably, it had been a few years since I've gone to the eye doctor and after yesterday I realized why.  It's expensive as hell! Not only do you have to pay for the exams, but then there is the price of the frames for glasses and then the cost of lenses for your glasses and all the extras like...transitions, uv protection, scratch guard and the list goes on and on.  I was very impressed with the staff and the doctors at Henry Ford OptimEyes.  I felt like they really cared about my vision and they gave me some really good advice on how I can protect my vision from further damage.  By the time I had picked out my glasses and had another exam for contact lenses I had spent a total of almost $550usd on the entire visit. My mom spent about the same amount and my dad was the big spender, because his glasses alone cost over $650.  If the sales lady was working off of a commission...she made a lot of money off of us!  I must say that the good thing about Henry Ford OptimEyes is that they give you the option to pay for half and pay the other half when you come pick up your glasses.  It doesn't change the fact that you're spending over half a grand on eye wear, but it makes it easier if you don't have to spend it all at one time.

Overall, if you have perfect vision...cherish it, because when your eyes start to go bad there is very little you can do to correct it.  So remember, always wear your sunglasses and don't sit too close to the television and if you work with computers for 9 hours a day like I do...you're pretty much screwed! Haha!

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment