Friday, March 29, 2013

Stressed Spelled Backwards is Desserts


Ever have one of those days where you're expecting things to be a certain way and then BAM! It's something totally different? Well, if you're like me, that stresses you out and what do I do when I get stressed?...I eat everything I'm not supposed to. Cake...cookies...soda...it's all fair game. That is the kind of day I had today, but I didn't give in to those cravings. I read something that said a craving only lasts 20 minutes and if you can find something to occupy your mind for that amount of time, you won't crave it anymore. I had the chance to try this out 3 times today and surprisingly it works. I'm not saying it's easy, because when you want ice cream as badly as I wanted it this afternoon, you'll do almost anything short of murder to get it. I am claiming a victory today, I was able to stay strong and committed and I'm really proud of that.

So remember....if you find yourself craving something bad, give it 20 minutes and this to shall pass! ;)

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment