Thursday, March 28, 2013

Movie and Musical Sounds?



Fun topic time!!! I love Pandora, it gets me through my toughest days at work. I made a Glee station the other day and was surprised by the fact that it started playing some of the soundtracks of my favorite movies and musicals. I almost flipped over my desk when "No One Mourns The Wicked" started playing. I love The Wicked OST. I don't know very many people who enjoy or are even interested in the soundtracks of movies or musicals, but I've always loved them. I guess it has something to do with the fact that I love Disney cartoon movies and we all know that they are full of sing-worthy material! It's almost embarrassing to admit, but The Lion King is my all time favorite movie ever. I could quote any part of the movie or recite it from beginning to end. My mom has so much fun with this embarrassing information that she often times makes me put on an impromptu performance for anyone she meets. It's okay, I'm a huge kid at heart and I learned life lessons from that movie, a very important one being "Hakuna Matata"! :) Another example of how much i love this movie....I have 2 dogs and I named one of them Nala. Wow, I'm sharing all of my Lion King obsession and the more I write, the worst it is becoming.

I strayed completely off topic and should have labeled this entry as "My Crazy Obsession with The Lion King". Anyway,  The Wicked, The Lion King, Perfect Pitch(a movie review coming on this soon) and Rent are some of my favorites. What is your favorite movie or Broadway soundtrack?

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment