Thursday, March 28, 2013

Special K...good or bad?

I mentioned in my last entry about how I've been eating healthier and exercising and I wanted to let you guys in on one of my many secret "diet" weapons. Special K products. I was skeptical at first because we all know that "diet" food is sometimes misleading. Special K has made a believer out of me. I'll list some of their products that I'm currently using.

Breakfast Foods:
Chocolately Delight cereal
Chocolately Strawberry (Limited Edition) cereal
Cinnamon Pecan cereal
Sausage, Egg and Cheese Flatbread sandwich

Protein:
Protein Shakes(Strawberry, Chocolate, French Vanilla)-so so so so good. All of them!
Protein Water Mix(Pink Lemonade, Strawberry Kiwi)- I haven't tried the Strawberry Kiwi yet,
but I can tell you that the Pink Lemonade is really good, especially if you're like me and have a hard time drinking plain old water!)

Bars:
Chocolately Pretzel
Blueberry
-there are many other flavors that I haven't tried yet, but I will soon.

****Bad product review(maybe, bad is a harsh word...it's just my personal preference. I don't really care for the protein bars. They taste a little chalk-like and gritty to me, and I was actually very surprised because it was the first time I encountered a product from them that I didn't enjoy)****

Snacks:
Pastry Crisps(all of them)
Popcorn Chips
Cracker Chips
Brownie Bites

Those listed above are just a few of the many products that Special K offers those of us who are looking to lead a healthier lifestyle. I wouldn't be able to make it through my 2 hour workouts in the morning without Special K. They have products that fuel me before working out and then re-fuel me when I'm done. I don't consider it to be "diet" food, it's good, nutritious, healthy food and who doesn't love to eat food that not only tastes good, but is good for you?

I'll leave you with a warning...Any food you eat, diet or not loses it's effectiveness if you consume too much of it. In other words, no matter how good they taste...don't eat 4 packs of Brownie Bites. You'll be defeating the purpose! :)

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment