Monday, August 13, 2012

Birthday Surprises: Day out with Yuta

First I'll start off by saying that I am incredibly blessed to have such amazing parents (all 4 of them) and some pretty awesome friends. They made this weekend so very special for me and more than I could have ever asked for. The greatest gift had to have been when I showed up at my parent's house on Friday and sitting in the living room was Miyako and Emiko.  The only one missing was Katsumi, but she had a couple lectures to give at the school she teaches at. In order to keep it neat, this will be split into 3 different post. First post: Spending the day with Yuta.

 Started the day before my birthday with Yuta making me breakfast. It was sooo good, and he surprised me, because the last time he tried to cook, it didn't turn out well at all! I appreciated this and it was an amazing thing to wake up to! <3 p="p">
 After breakfast I was instructed to dress in something comfortable and be ready at 2pm. I asked where we going, but I was told it was a surprise and not to ask where we were going at any point that day, because he wasn't telling. He grabbed some blankets, a couple wine glasses, fruit, cheese and a bottle of wine and we set off on the walk to the park. I go to "Shakespeare in the Park" every year, but I didn't know when it was this year. I think I squealed and jumped around a bit when we turned the corner and I saw that Henry V was playing this year. The show was beautiful and the company was great. It was a really good afternoon and one that I won't soon forget.
 After coming back from the park, Yuta dropped me off at Pigalle Salon & MedSpa. He told me that our parent's  had already taken care of everything and to give my name at the front desk and they would handle the rest and he would be back to pick me up for dinner in 3 hours. My first thought was "what the hell am I really going to be doing here for 3 hours?!?", but I was treated to a deep tissue massage, seaweed body wrap,  mini facial, mani and pedi. It was beyond glorious! He came to pick me up and we went to get dinner and by that point I was starving so as soon as the food was put in front of me, I demolished it, which is why you only get a picture of dessert! haha
 No long explanation needed for this picture. This was one of the gifts Yuta bought me, and as you can see...I started eating them before I remembered to take a picture. LOL...they were the most delicious chocolate covered strawberries. I liked the milk chocolate one's the best, because the white chocolate one's were a little extra sweet.
 Now, for the end of the night.....I was surprised with a water show. It's been forever since this fountain has been opened, and it just so happened to open on my birthday weekend. I've included a video at the end of this post so that you can get the full experience...well at least like 55 seconds of it! LOL...I enjoyed the little kids who were watching it with us. :)
What a way to end an amazing day and I couldn't have been more grateful and thankful to have spent it with a guy who would give me the world if he could. My best friend who has always been there to help, listen, frustrate and annoy me. :) 

......and thanks to my parent's for being able to keep a secret.....lol


Next post coming up.....

2 comments:

  1. You are such a girl sometimes. It wasn't anything special but, あなたは特別です。

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha....look who finally decided to comment on one of my post! I'm shocked! Shocked! LOL....anyway, I know i'm a girl, what did you think I was???? It was very super extra special to me, so thank you, and thank you for the compliment ;)

    ReplyDelete