Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sick


Ugh, I hate being sick. This is day 3 of this virus or whatever it is that is invading my body.  It's been a long time since I've felt this ill and I have to say I'm not liking it at all. It's preventing me from doing the things that I need to do.  My aunt is in the hospital for a tumor they found on her colon and she had surgery and started chemotherapy yesterday, but I was unable to visit her at the hospital because you can't be around someone with a weak immune system when you're sick.  It's really bothering me that I can't be there for her.  Another thing is that it's little B's funeral today at 6pm and I won't be able to go.  I'll see her one last time at the viewing this afternoon, but I don't want to get anyone sick.  I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that I won't ever see her smile again in this lifetime. Maybe it's for the best that I don't go, because it's hard to handle funerals and I've been to too many to count over the last 3 years.  It's weird how life is...you're here one minute and gone the next. It's terrifying actually.

"Lord, make me a rainbow...I'll shine down on my mother. She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors. Life ain't always what you think it ought to be..ain't even gray, but she buries her baby. The sharp knife, of a short life..."
I'll remember you always my little bunny....

No comments:

Post a Comment